Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rebecca Hamilton and Allison Blanchard

Today is the last day of the blogger book fair. It has been so much fun! I met new authors, connected with some wonderful readers, and discovered some fantastic books. There are still events  going on, so if you have a minute, you should definitely check those out!

As a closing post, I wanted to do two more spotlights on some fellow authors and their wonderful books! Take a look!

Rebecca Hamilton

*Book: The Forever Girl
*Promotions: Read Part One of The Forever Girl FREE on Kindle and Kobo.

1.) What books from your childhood sparked your imagination?
The Chronicles of Narnia, Goosebumps books and Fear Street Books (thanks, R.L. Stine!).

2.) What gets your imagination going now?. 
Taking a Shower. Nothing like being too soaking wet to write or type down an idea. It's a curse.

3.) When you get writers block, how do you get past it?
Write through it!
4.) What is your writing process like? Do you plan everything out before you write it? Just go with the flow?
It depends on the book. Some I've just written and now I'm starting to try planning, to make rewrites a little more managable.

5.) What is your favorite dessert?
All of them :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Allison Blanchard

 Allison Blanchard is currently a student at Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, Georgia where she is pursuing her bachelor degrees in English Creative Writing and French. She is an active sister in Sigma Alpha Omega where she continues to grow as a woman in Christ. She writes everyday, drinks too much coffee, and is looking forward to the next adventure her characters will take her. 


*Blog/webiste: www.allisonblanchard.com

*Promotions: There is a giveaway of a signed copy of “Forget Me Not” on Sydney Logan’s blog. Not sure when it will be up, but I will keep you posted!

Forget Me Not


“Cole Dyami is a mysterious boy with a dangerous secret. Adeline Jasely is a typical teenage girl. Living in the seemingly normal small town of Great Falls Montana, Adeline is confronted with everyday teenage problems by a not so normal beautiful boy. As Adeline and Cole’s worlds collide, the line between illusion and reality is blurred. According to a tribal legend, Adeline and Cole are no longer two friends, but two pieces in a complicated mystery. Suddenly, Adeline finds herself in a world she never knew existed. Along side Cole, she attempts to unravel the mysteries of the small Chippewa tribe in order to not only find out who Cole Dyami truly is, but who she is as well. As Cole and Adeline begin to uncover the secrets behind the legends of the Chippewa tribe, illusion slowly unravels into reality and friendship gradually melts into a mutual need of survival.”


Interview

1.) What books from your childhood sparked your imagination?
            Every book by Marianne Curley. Her books inspired me to not only read more, but to become a writer.

2.) What gets your imagination going now? 
            Music and reading. Nothing better than listening to some of The Civil Wars and reading a good book.

3.) When you get writers block, how do you get past it?
            This may sound strange, but I pray. I am a huge believer and I know my gift of writing is from my God. So, if I am ever struggling, I walk away from the computer, pray for some guidance and direction, then a little later come back and can finish writing. You can say Jesus is my muse.

4.) What is your writing process like? Do you plan everything out before you write it? Just go with the flow? 
            My process is pretty laid back. I usually play some music to help me get in the right mindset, drink some coffee, and sit down at my computer and let it all out. I am less structured and tend to let a scene flow the way it wants or let the characters do whatever comes naturally. I may have a brief outline, but I sometimes don't always follow it.

5.) What is your favorite dessert?
            Oh, this one’s tough! But I’d have to say peanut butter pie is the bomb. I love me some pie!

Here are my links where you can stalk me!

My Goodreads Page:

Buy Links: 
            My Publisher’s website: http://www.martinsisterspublishing.com/?page_id=1619


No comments:

Post a Comment