Friday, August 28, 2015

G is for Ghost--Free Preschool Literary and Math Packet

How's it going netizens?

I've been a busy mom-glasses wearing chick over here. With a new baby on the way, I didn't want my preschoolers to fall by the wayside education-wise, so I've actually been planning out their curriculum and putting together several months' worth of material in advance. I figure when I'm (more) sleep deprived and caring for my newborn, it won't be too hard to open my "October" bin, glance at my detailed lesson plan for the day, and do what I've got to do from the couch.

So that said, I was planning our "G is for Ghost" week, and found a shocking lack of preschool activities related to that theme. Seems like kind of an obvious one to make, but I guess not! So naturally, I fired up GIMP and spent all of yesterday putting together a small bunch of activities.



Again, disclaimer, I am SO not a graphic designer, and my program/skills are limited. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out nevertheless. I only made the activities I was specifically searching for but couldn't find, so this could be a supplementary packet to some of the other (way more amazing) ghost-themed preschool packets out there. Also, I made two versions of some of them--pretty versions with color and backgrounds, and a simple version that is more printer-friendly.

It's free, and I'm happy to share! Just please don't try and sell it, or I'll have to get all fussy at you. :)


Included in the Packet:
--G sounds poem for distinguishing between soft G and hard G
--G sounds matching
--Letter G tracing sheet
--Counting ghosts cards (not in order so child can do it without cutting them out if you wish)
--Haunted house letter G find game
--Ordinal ghosts coloring activity  

If you have any preschool packets you'd like to see done, shoot me an email and I'll see if it might be beneficial to both of us if I put one together! I'll likely be making more since I have some random letter themes planned that I simply know won't be out there!

Have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment