Sunday, September 1, 2013

Inspiration

I recently took a day trip to Craters of the Moon, not to be confused with the moon, which would have been a truly impressive day trip. This location in Idaho, apparently created from a giant belch in the Earth's crust, is made up of pitted, porous black volcanic rock and ashy soil. And it really looks like the moon.

I found myself completely inspired by it (now determined that my Fantasy land Dristol looks much like the slate gray wasteland), and had to share some pictures. I'm sure they won't do it much justice, but its always good to share inspiration!








How cool is that? The copper peeks through the gray rock like the Earth's dry blood under charred scabs. It's impossible not to be inspired by rare beauty like that.

Have you been anywhere inspiring recently?

2 comments:

  1. So interesting. I'll have to visit next time I drive through Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do, Kelly! It's practically in the middle of nowhere, but it's so worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete